Here are the things I've been creating all month and having a blast. I've used spray paint, my Silhouette die cutting machine, hot glue, ripping, cutting, stuffing, and a lot of inking. The kids and I are having too much fun. I guess you could say I am prepping for next year when I will have more time to plan ahead and go full out on a Dia de Los Muertos theme.
Beware Window art
Using my Silhouette. I love all that I can do with it. I cut out Beware, spiderwebs and little mice running along and adhered them to the windows.
Using my Silhouette. I love all that I can do with it. I cut out Beware, spiderwebs and little mice running along and adhered them to the windows.
Skull Wreath
For the wreath form, I used one of the two parts of an embroidery hoop I got from freecycle. I made this wreath using the technique in this post. I don't have a scallop circle punch, so I just used my scallop deco scissors and cut out two squares from one book page. They don't have to be perfectly straight cuts, so it was quick to cut out the pages. You get the same look. The Spanish moss I always have on hand and the rest were items I picked up at the $1 store or Targets $ spot.
$ Store Apothecaries
Everything for this project came from Dollar Tree. I really got a lot of use from the $ store skulls.Items used: jar, base, candle stick and any small halloween embellishments I had on hand.I spray painted the metal candle sticks and base black. Then I hot glued the jar to the base. This was just temporary until I can stop at the store and by some GOOP. However, they seem to be holding well with just the hot glue. But I want to use them all year long, just changing out the embellishment, so I will add the stronger adhesive later. Finally added spanish moss & skulls.
Day of the Dead Skulls
Items used:
Paper mache items from Michael's, white paint, black sharpie (or any colors you want)
My 6 year old painted each piece all white and when that was dry, I doodled all over it with a Sharpie. I used internet images as inspiration.
Boo Tree
Some tablescaping
White pumpkin art

Milk Jug Luminaries
I cut out face pieces & silhouettes from my die cutting machine and glued onto milk jugs. I used a strand of lights with a hole cut in back of each jug, but this is a great chance to use the battery tea lights if you have them.
Here are a couple posts for how to's
http://m.bhg.com/holidays/halloween/outdoor-decorations/eerie-luminarias/
And
http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2010/09/todays-project-spirit-jugs.html
and Tim Holtz blog post where he used brown paper bags instead.
http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/10/alterations-halloween-luminaries.html
Painted a cutsie pumpkin silver
Spooky Tree and last years wall art
Found this beauty at the Goodwill.











No comments:
Post a Comment